Dedicated to Serving The Mansfield Community
Dewald Community Center is preparing the way for individuals of all ages to make positive life choices and become increasingly self-reliant. Academic, emotional, social and spiritual growth is encouraged through unique programs.
The Learning ZoneThe mission of The Learning Zone is to foster an interest in school and learning by partnering with parents and teachers to provide holistic learning opportunities resulting in measurable academic, emotional, social and spiritual growth. The Learning Zone exists to help students find success in school and in life.Through a partnership with Mansfield City Schools, The Salvation Army is offering a neighborhood learning center, complete with computer lab, library, gymnasium and enhanced arts education.
Life Skills EducationA wide range of classes are offered in order to encourage self-reliance while enhancing capabilities, increasing life skills and broadening horizons and dreams. Programs will include child development, healthy living, relational skills, support groups, home and financial management.
D.O.C.S.This unique place is a multi-use area for the Development Of Character & Skills (D.O.C.S.). People of all ages will experience creative and dramatic arts, music and life skills training. The energetic setting is equipped with computer and study labs, performing arts and music studios, recreational games, TV lounge and cafe.
Contact UsBrenda S. Nelson
Director, Dewald Community Center
phone: (419) 522-6141 | (419) 525 - 2912 | email: Brenda.Phillips@use.salvationarmy.org
- ACADEMIC GROWTH
- provide educational opportunities for all levels of learning
- promote reading, math, language arts and problem solving skill development
- provide enhanced educational training in the arts and technology
- Provide job skills training to increase self-reliance
- EMOTIONAL GROWTH
- provide an encouraging atmosphere to nurture positive living
- help develop self-esteem and emotional maturity
- encourage positive relational and communication skills
- provide a holistic educational approach
- SOCIAL GROWTH
- provide recreational activities that support team building and cooperation
- provide art, music and drama training to enhance skill development
- provide an example for individuals of all ages to emulate
- provide social service education in child development, healthy living, home and financial management
- SPIRITUAL GROWTH
- provide a caring, Christian environment in which people feel safe and loved
- provide a positive model of behavior
- instruct faith-based life skills such as character, values, marriage and family relationships
- teach spiritual values and Biblical truth